Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yeah...

Well, yesterday turned out not near as good as I had hoped. Made about a third of what I did Friday night. What work I did do helped alleviate people's pain, so I did some good.

Finished picking out what I wanted in trade, so now it's to get those presents to the people they need to go to. I do believe the US Post Office will be making some deliveries on my behalf this year.

Other than that, work on the afghan continues. I now remember why I don't make afghans with small blocks - I am not fond of stitching them all together. It's a royal pain in the fingers as it takes at least an hour to do one row. I do believe I'll stick to bigger blocks, like I did for McK's afghan. Much easier.

Raini continues to nap in unusual places. Lately it's been in the passage to the bathroom, or by the heat registers in my office. She'll sleep with me at night, but won't meditate with me.

Shadow, now, is starting to get the shakes Raini gets. I'm wondering if it's a feline version of Parkinson's, or some type of tremor. Shad is just once in a while as she's on my lap. Raini will shake hard enough that if she's standing or sitting she'll fall over. If she's in my lap, not so bad. At least most of the house is carpeted, so it's not like she's landing on bare concrete and hurting herself worse.

While I was at the event yesterday, I got to talking to one of the gals that owns the company. She asked how my Thanksgiving was, and I told her I'd spent it alone. She immediately invited me over for their family's Christmas holiday.
We'll see where I'm at in 25 days. I would rather not get involved in another family's holiday dynamics. I hated the holidays as it was with my own family, what would cause me to want to get involved in someone elses? No thank you.

I also had the unfortunate luck to run into a former friend yesterday. I knew there was a chance she might show up, and she did. I kept it short and civil. Just as she was about to leave, she came back and said she had no idea why she might have landed on my former friends list, that I was more than welcome back in her life.

When I was friends with her, the running joke was that she was the Drama Queen of Denial. She has an unbelievably short memory, and one that doesn't remember her wrong doings. When you try to confront her with something that happened even just minuets ago, she denies it happened because she doesn't remember it. Her defense is that she lives in the now. She doesn't understand how that short memory has caused major problems in her life, from her daughter being abused by her son to her divorce to several friends like me walking away because we don't want to deal with her stuff.

With my long memory, I do remember what happened, what the blow up was about, and what caused me to walk away. I have no interest in getting back into that kind of drama, the daily fireworks, the woe is me, or the network marketing BS. I won't be going back to that. I'm not that desperate for friends to put up with that crap ever again.

Here's to hoping the feng shui starts kicking in tomorrow.

No comments: