Friday, November 28, 2008

Some days

Some days you get lucky.

A couple weeks ago a gal I know that owns a jewelry line asked if I would come and do chair massage during their 'girl's night out' event tonight. Sure, why not. When I said yes, I figured I'd have a job by now, this would just be icing on the cake. We know how that went.

In 5 hours of doing chair massage, I made $90 in tips, plus jewelry or their other items in exchange for doing it for tips only. The jewelry and scarves give me gifts for my created family and another friend, which I wouldn't have otherwise. The $90 in tips is groceries and gas money that doesn't have to come out of the checking account.

To sweeten things even more, they are letting me come back tomorrow. Again, for tips only, and I can also sell gift certificates. The gift certificate money will go straight into the business account, the tips into my pocket. I might be able to make a couple hundred bucks tomorrow. If I gain a couple clients out of the deal, even better. I know I got at least two out of tonight, possibly more.

Win-win. I get cash and clients, the gal and her associates get free massage after long days on their feet. I may even get paid massages out of them as well.

This gives me hope. Now I need to thank ahead for what I'm about to receive tomorrow and in the future.

No comments: