Saturday, November 8, 2008

Intuitives and Law of Attraction

Went to the Edge Life Expo today. Sat in on one lecture that had some resonance for me. Not sure I'm ready to go there yet.

After the lecture, walked around the hall. Picked up flyers and stuff for my copywriting swipe file and to later go back and offer some ideas to people to make their stuff more interesting.

I only bought one thing - a package of Palo Santo wood. It's a gorgeous smelling wood that's used for clearing space, like sage is for smudging. Palo Santo smells better to me than sage. I'm thinking it might be good as a perfume scent. Might have to play with a piece or two, try pulling out the aromatics with alcohol or oil.
And I can use it for it's original purpose - to clear out the old, stale energy around my home and get things moving again.

As I was swiping, I came across the animal intuitive I talked to last spring about Raini and Shad. I sat down with her for 15 minutes and asked how the furballs were doing. She cleared some stuff from Raini, told me to keep her hydrated as she starts moving on.
Asked why Shad is doing her howling. The howling comes from her heart-felt frustration at both me and herself. She's a diva, so she thinks she should come first, yet she knows Raini isn't good, loves her, and still doesn't quite understand why Rain gets more attention. Now that I know it's out of frustration with both herself and the situation, I can be a little more compassionate. I need to reach out to her with my heart energy.

I asked the intuitive if losing my job had any impact on them. No, they were happy to see me get out of there. She confirmed I had done all I could, time to move on. She picked up that I'm still dealing with beliefs that I only need enough to get by on, that I don't deserve $100k or better a year. I don't remember her exact words, just the gist that I'm just as worthy of making $100k as anyone else who is.
---
Now, contrast that to what happened yesterday morning. As soon as the senior engineer came in, he pulled up a chair to talk to me about the position. He asked me if I had heard anything, I told him that when I hadn't heard by Wednesday, I presumed I hadn't gotten it. HR said they would take care of it and didn't. He was not happy to hear that.
He told me he'd already given HR a recommendation for me, that the department thought I had gone above and beyond what was needed. Huh.
I told him that I was leaving the position in a better place than when I had gotten it, that I had loaded stuff on the jump drive that was in the desk. I told him where I would leave it and what would be with it. He was impressed that I'd pulled that together.

Later on, a couple of people in the row where I've been sitting told me they've already sent on recommendations for me to HR. They were amazed at what I could do and how fast I got stuff done when asked. All I did was my job. If it amazed them what I could do, that leaves me wondering about how good the last admin was.

As I was listening to the senior engineer and one of his staff, the staff guy brought up that he is getting his daughter the Livescribe note taking system. First person I thought about when I looked it up on Target's ad was P. It's a way to take notes and record them. I'm not about to try and describe the way cool technology, just go take a look at it. Perfect for college kids, perfect for those who are auditory learners so you can take a few notes and listen to what was actually said later, perfect for reporters who need to be accurate in their reporting. A Bond gadget with real life application.
---
Got a call from a former associate. We used to both be in Smart Travel and Traveling Vineyard several years ago. She now runs her own jewelry line, travels all over the US doing shows. She called to ask if I was interested in doing chair massage at a sale she's having the day after Thanksgiving. She's calling it a girl's night out, profits go to a local women's shelter.

She doesn't want me to charge, but I can set out a tip jar. Or what I may counter propose to her, is that I do charge for the massages and donate what I make. Done that before. Then I can hand out my cards and brochures, ask for the sale, see what happens. Oh, gift certificates would be a great idea.

Here's the funny thing about gift certificates. Out of all the gift certificates I've sold or donated over the years, only one has ever been called in. And I ended up getting a paid one out of that as well. Charge $40 for a half hour, $75 for an hour, see how many I can sell.
---
Now, if I can just figure out what the part of me is doing when I buy food that I know causes me physical issues, then gobble it down, live through the pain, then do it again, I'll be one step ahead of the game.
Did it last night, did it again today. I'm not sure where in the decision loop, in the TOTE model I'm missing the "I know this is bad for my body, I know I'm going to be in pain after I eat it, do not buy this" to buying it and then consuming it, and now paying with pain for doing it.

I know that wheat makes my joints hurt something fierce, and that Reeces peanut butter cups also compound that pain along with inflaming the neck lymph nodes. I know I get a sugar spike/crash that sends me into an unexpected snooze. And I know both of them are in direct conflict with my desire to let go of the excess weight. Yet I still do it.

Parts issue. What values do eating those foods serve? What comes to mind is hiding food from mom when I was little. It was a way to get attention from her, when she found out, because otherwise she didn't have time for me. Rebellion, trying to become an individual, trying to be different from them.

If I remember correctly, a visual squash would be called for right about now.

I wonder if my procrastination has anything to do with the parents? Stuff to meditate on in the morning.

No comments: