Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 2...

OK, didn't get much done yesterday. Did some shredding of checks from a business I used to own. Still, it's something. I kind of figured out how to move all this stuff around. The books will have to go out into the dining room, the chair gets moved over, as does the book shelf.

Then the cabinet gets cleared off and cleaned out - that's been storage for media and cables/cords of all sorts. The cabinet gets moved down by the closet, leaving room for the closet doors to open. The desk gets cleaned off and moved over, set up the desk along with all the cords, etc. Then the chair can move into the corner where the desk was. I expect that's as far as I will get today.

Meanwhile, I need some feedback on the afghan I'm making. Here are a couple shots of the 40 blocks I have made right now, laid out on my queen size bed.



So, do you think it's big enough? It doesn't quite cover the bed, which my afghans usually do. I've tinkered with the idea of adding a border of the blue using the same stitch combo as made the blocks, just to do something different. If I keep it as is, I need to make 8 more blocks, which I can probably put together with the yarn I have on hand. I'll need more to stitch it together and do the edging.

For those of you who do crochet, the yarn colors are Red Heart Aran and Ocean in the super size skeins. Takes me about an hour to do a block, not including tucking in the ends. Now, do I put it together with the aran or the ocean? I was thinking the ocean, just to be different. Make the aran the accent color, not the background, which is what aran or sandytones is usually used for.
---
In other news... I gained 3.5 pounds in the last month. I highly doubt that weight gain is muscle. Looks and feels like I need to do an unconscious clearing to change what's causing me to not want to drop the weight.

No comments: