Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not MIA

Just struggling with a week of stress after the interview.

I know a decision was made on Friday about who they are offering the job to. Several of the people in the meeting had to walk by my desk , and I don't know what to make of their facial expressions. When I do kinesthetic testing, either by noticing or the thumbnail trick, I get back that the job is mine. Yet my gut was in an uproar yesterday because of the not knowing.

Ugh. Nothing worse than not knowing. Do I need to go back to the job hunt or can I settle down and start working for them and by extension really working on my copy writing so I can start putting some money in the bank?

To keep my mind off of it last night I buried my nose in Lynn McTaggert's book The Intention Experiment. McTaggert, being a journalist, takes a more scientific view of the law of attraction and the part intention plays in the law. I read that between watching the DaVinci Code for the first time.

This morning was the usual wash clothes routine. Had to get that done this morning because I didn't want to haul heavy stuff around after I donated platelets this afternoon. I have managed to pop the veins open after carrying heavy stuff around, so I got what I could done early.

Had to laugh at the staff at the Red Cross today. They're a good group. Since my platelet count is so high, I'm only on the machine, active, for 61 minutes. The lead guy told me today that if the change is ever made to allow quads instead of triples like I do now, I'm one of the first people he's calling. If I can kick out a triple dose in an hour with an average of 450k platelets per CC of blood, a quad should only take 20 more minutes. I think I can sit still for that long.
I don't know how some people can sit there for three hours to do a single. I know my bladder wouldn't take it, and I doubt my patience would, either. I'll count my blessings that I have good veins that can take being punctured every three weeks to kick out platelets that someone else isn't blessed with.

This is one time where my weight is an advantage. Based on the premise that you start with 6 pints of blood up to 150 pounds, then add another pint for every 25 pounds thereafter, I'm running about 18 pints of blood through my system. I can easily give up a triple dose of platelets, a pint of plasma and whatever else they need without risking my life. As I let go of the weight, the volume will reduce. I'm wondering if the count will go up due to the same amount of platelets in less volume, or if it will remain the same? Don't know, doesn't matter at this point, figure it out when I let go of 100#.

Tomorrow is another class day. The next two are on language and how to weave it to help clients. The teacher is a master at unwinding problems without having to do the structures and techniques she taught us in the original class. Enough of us bugged her about it that she finally put together a class and is teaching us how she does it.

It's part of the certificate she's calling 'Coaching for Resilience'. Give me something to market.

And it is the time change tonight. An extra hour of sleep. YEAH! I need it.

No comments: