Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Interviews, again...

Well, did another round of interviews today for the position I'm temping for.

I've felt good about how I did with previous interviews and didn't get the job. I'm hoping that my not feeling so good about today's interviews means I got the job.

Yes, I kept my stories straight and consistent and truthful. Yet I feel like I missed something, that I somehow missed an opportunity. After the first of the four, I felt really iffy about things. The second went better, since it was with the HR gal I talked to a couple weeks ago. The third round was with two of the engineering managers, which went well, I thought. I'd brought up my farm background to one while we waited for the other. Even though neither had ever set foot on a farm, they respected the farm work ethic, and one of them told me he liked how I answered the questions (I had occasion to use the phrase "your opinion of me is none of my business"). Fourth round was with two of the admins who know what the job actually entails.

This one I'm scared about. Maybe I want it too much. Can I live up to what I said? Do I retain enough integrity to do this job? Ugh. I hate doubting myself.
They expect to get through the other interviews and make a decision by the end of the week. Patience until then. If I get it, those of you who live in MN may very well hear my whoop.

I was exhausted by the time 4:30 came. I couldn't wait to get out of there and get out of the monkey suit. I did stop at B&N on the way home to pick up Intrepid, the latest in the Kris Longknife series. I've gotten a few pages into it. Would have gotten farther, but NCIS was pretty interesting tonight.

So, I do believe I will take my copy of Intrepid and go crawl into bed early. Toodles

No comments: