Friday, October 17, 2008

1:42 am

...was the time I woke up this morning and could not get back to sleep. Grrr. Finally around 3 I put batteries in my CD player, grabbed the studio headphones and laid down with my Gamma Compassion CD. That at least shut down the commentary in my head for an hour. Finally got up before 4, did my hour of meditation and then started the day.

So yes, I'm tired and evidently a bit crabby. Both cats were crabbing at me so I screamed at them to shut up. My voice reverberated around the room for a couple of seconds, so I may have had the volume on high...

I did learn one new thing today, how to Velobind. Pretty easy, actually.
I learned how to do it because I was absolutely bored today. The gal I took over for didn't leave me any instructions. My boss is on vacation until the 27th. So I asked the other admins if they had any projects they needed done. Hence the binding project.

Other than that, I spent my afternoon reading web pages. Joy. Of course, fanfiction.net is blocked by the company, so I went back to some other old favorites. At least next week I've got the option of watching the S&T conference on intercompany TV if the admins don't have stuff for me to do.

Went ahead and ordered the copywriting kit when I got home tonight. I did confirm that you can order the class on monthly payments and later on pay off the class in full to get the rest of the course. They even give you the $50 discount.
I want to get this moving. It's like I'm being driven to do it. I'm tired of the financial insecurity. I want this to be something that relies on my efforts only. No MLM, no 'selling' per se, just me and the talent I have to write a great letter.

Mortgage is paid for the month, need to pay phone, cable and electricity. I'll get to the association dues when I can. If the tax refund is big enough, I'll use that to pay them off.

And hope I get this job permanently. Then start raking in the bucks with the copywriting.

No comments: