Sunday, October 12, 2008

Funny note

Here it is, 9:14 pm by the Mac's clock, and I just checked email.

What should show up in my inbox but an e-screen for a different admin position I applied for over a month ago at the same company I just interviewed at.

Gotta love it. The company is starting to wake up and realize that some department there better hire me while I'm still available.
---

Here's another little thing that's been running through my head lately. Couple things, actually, that end up blending together.

During my meditations I've been envisioning how I would know things have changed if I woke up to the perfect life. First off, I'd wake up next to the man I love and just watch him sleep for a bit before I kiss him on the shoulder to let him know I'm getting up to meditate. I'd go do my 90 minutes of meditation, then exercise, shower and get ready for the day. We'll chat over breakfast, then we're both off to work.

My work is going to an office that a couple of girlfriends and I have. I have introduced McK and AS to the copy writing, so they are doing that as a living, and P has joined us in the office doing coaching work. All of us were working from home and needed the office environment to connect to others with. I found an office that's equal distance away from all of us, so it's an easy commute in. We set up the space using feng shui, with the business office in the wealth corner, the conference room in the fame and reputation area and the kitchen in the love and marriage area. If people walk in and want our services, we all work together on it, otherwise we're doing our own projects. There's a daycare not too far away, so McK can bring the babies in or drop them off if she really needs to concentrate. P brings in her puppy Finnegan, so it's a fun, friendly office.
(Now, free will works in here somewhere. Not saying per se that it would be McK, AS and P, that's who came to mind. Those are the three that if I had unlimited wealth, they are among those I'd help first. Along with a certain field tech to help wire up the office for computers, etc.)

After work I head home. The cook has already made supper for my man and I, so we can sit back and enjoy. We go for a walk after supper and chat about the day's happenings. We're both involved in different clubs, so once or twice a week we're off to those meetings.
Friday or Saturday night, depending on when we're both home, is date night. We head out, sometimes high end, sometimes fast food, depends on who's craving what the most. Every 4-8 weeks we take a long weekend and go somewhere within a day's drive, learn about the area, soak up the culture. Otherwise we spend time with friends and family.

This is a really short version of what goes through my head because I make it as real as I can. The time line goes on as well, from when McK's kids are babies up through their teen years and off to college.

Fantasy? Yes, for now. It's my reality at some point in the space time continuum.
---

I noticed the other night that I can now feel the ridge on my shoulder blade on both sides. If you look at a drawing or photo of the scapula, there is a ridge along the top where the muscles attach on either side. For the first time in my adult life, I can feel that ridge.

The scale may not show that I'm losing fat. Touching my body, I can feel a difference. The skin is looser and easier to 'pinch an inch' as the old Special K commercials used to tout.

Now I need to work on shopping when I'm full and have taken my supplements so I'm not tempted to buy stuff that's not good for me. Not in the house, can't easily reach out and eat it.
---

Don't know about the rest of you, I'm liking the below $3 a gallon for gas. Since Holiday has the coupon thing running with Cub Foods, I paid $2.61 for 12 of the 16 gallons I put in Taez today. Total was $53.
---

Gotta find the to do list for tomorrow. Need to write up the e-screen I got, write thank you notes to the three people I interviewed with on Friday, send in the updated Quantum Touch Instructor agreement and update the cash rent contract I have with my renter. On top of calling in to the temp agencies and continuing to look for work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Weight control is all about how you feel, so you just added another layer to that. Har. I haven't noticed big changes in how I feel yet, but the dogs are happier, and falling into good routines, so someone's benefitting.