Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday

Tis Friday again. A chilly morning, no frost thankfully.

Not much doing at the moment. Been doing odds and ends here at work. Leaves me time to go through the Quantum Touch website and the message boards.

One item on the message boards caught my attention, about doing the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) by surrogate or intention only, no direct tapping. Interesting information, especially when followed up with the founder's comments on getting permission.

Honestly, I haven't been drawn to EFT previously. In part, it may have been the person who was trying to teach it to me. I understand she's had great success teaching it to others, she gets on my nerves quite quickly. This, however, intrigues me, so I'll take another look at it.

Especially in light of something that happened yesterday. Those of you who know me in person know I LOVE and adore chocolate. Have for many years, which is part of my weight issue.

Yesterday someone left a dark chocolate cake in one of the galley kitchens. I cut a slice off for myself and left it for after lunch. I had about half of it and it no longer appealed to me. I threw the rest of it in the trash.

Me, throw chocolate in the trash? Previously I would have thought I was extremely sick to not want or throw away chocolate. I didn't want any more, even though it was really good.

Here's the funky part. I have a block of dark chocolate sitting on my table next to my recliner. I've gone with the block chocolate because I have to work at it to get the chocolate - I'm scraping off bits with my teeth. I've been gnawing on this block for over a month and haven't made much of a dent in it. Don't need much when you have to work for it, opposed to popping a piece in your mouth which is easy, no effort.

Something to think about, no?

And yes, still exercizing. Switched to a minute of warm up, minute of higher intensity, minute of slow down, repeat intensity and slow down for a total of 5 intensity cycles, the cool down and stretch. So far my knees are not complaining about this. Using the rebounder takes the jolt out of it, althought it does force me to keep my eyes open so I keep my balance. Have to work on that.

Core transformation tonight. That's why I was on the QT website, seeing what's going on since they revamped the site. I need to update my QT bio to include that I've taken the Super Charging and Core classes.

As much as I want to take Chael down, tonight is not the night to do it. Part of the class requirements are having a blanket and a towel with you. I've got my sleeping bag and a towel in the truck, so I'll take Taez. I'm not real familiar with the area, which to me is another reason to drive. I can take Chael tomorrow if the frost is off the roads by 8:45 am.

Back to creating an HTML email to the VP's for the upcoming conference.

No comments: