Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Interview day

Been busy with work and somewhat incoherent at night, so there. ;-p

Had two interviews today. One was an hour with a gal from HR at the company I'm at. I emailed her last week and left her a voice mail on Monday saying hey, I want to work here, what do I need to do to get in? She voicemailed back to find time on her schedule and we'd talk.

So I found time on her schedule and we talked. For an hour. About all the things I've done, things I want to do, what I love to do, who I like to work with. She has two positions open right now, one that is already booked with four interviews in marketing, another that has not yet started the pre-interview meetings yet.

The second one is with a group of engineers. They want someone who can see the big picture, remind the group when they need to have things done, be able to stay a couple steps ahead of them, have fun, in essence be the department mom. I can do that with a group of engineers. Geek speak is a second language for me. I may have to dig into what they are doing to have a better understanding, at least I get it.

Salary wise, I'd be right in the same ball park as I was at my last job. That's OK, I can deal with that. As long as gas prices keep coming down, I can deal with the drive.

Second interview I had was a phone interview for a temp job in Brooklyn Center for 2-3 weeks. It would start next Thursday as a backup to two exec admins for the corporate offices of a national auto body chain. They were hinting that it could be a temp to perm. I told them I would consider it after being there a few days to see if it was what I wanted or not. I also told them I had other interviews I was doing, so they know they would have to compete for me, long term. The pay isn't what I want, but it will pay the phone, cable and electric bills, and put some towards the association dues I'm behind on.

See how things shake out. The internal interview took me out of the running for a long term temp job at another location for the same company. Boo. When the short term came up from the other agency, that's why I looked at that one. Not gonna worry about it.

The right job is coming, just need to be patient.

I'm also at this temp job for another day or two. The gal I'm replacing isn't healing as fast as she thought, so the conference chair has extended me for sure through tomorrow, possibly Friday as well. More money to pay the bills.

Just about time to go home. Toodles!

No comments: