Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Now things get interesting...

Now things are definitely getting interesting.

Got a call from the gal I replaced for the last two weeks. Brought her up to speed on the done interview, one to be scheduled and the e-screen, plus the possibility of a year assignment.

Not too long later I get a call from Dolphin. Turns out the e-screen I did caught someone's attention. They want me to temp in the position for four weeks while they do interviews. If they like the work I'm doing, it could go full time permanent. Since it's at my going rate, I said yes, so I start tomorrow morning.

Which is a really good thing, means I can pay the November bills.

It also gives me today to work through whatever is going on with my body. I knew something was up when I didn't move when my meditation ended - I sat there for another half hour because I didn't have the energy to move. Worked up enough steam to do my exercise, when I sat down to stretch out afterwards I didn't have the energy to get up. Thought breakfast might help, get some sugar into the system. No joy there, either. I'm just flat out of go juice today.

So I'm just going to take it easy today. Do some reading, play with the new afghan pattern I came up with, and make some meals for the rest of the week and into next week.

I'm feeling like a tomato risotto with lots of veggies and some amaranth and possibly some kind of soup. Something rich and hearty, lots of veggies. Maybe a beef barley. Have to dig through what I've got for frozen veggies, maybe pick up some more when I go buy stamps and power steering fluid. Something for the crock pot or that I can throw in the oven and let cook.

Ugh, 11 am already. Time for a nap. Maybe then I can get thine behind moving.

---
Edit 2:42 pm

Oh how funny. The position I start tomorrow is actually for the group of engineers that I will be interviewing with in two weeks. If they like how I do things, they will just convert me to full time permanent.

And when it rains, it pours. Got a call from the other agency today offering me an interview for a temp to hire office manager/admin here in Plymouth. I turned her down since I have the month long to integrate myself into the other position.

I think I'll do better with the engineers. Do the geek speak, maybe even get to attend S&T for a bit while it's at the campus I'll be at.

And yes, I've kind of woken up. Still so-so. Make the risotto for supper tonight, make soup this weekend.

No comments: