Friday, October 10, 2008

Interview update

Turns out that I'm the first one they interviewed for the position, the rest they are interviewing next week. I like that, it means everyone else will be compared to me.

I think I've got what they want. They need someone who can document how they are rolling out products on a global basis. The marketing director was very happy to hear that I've done it practically everywhere I've been. As he said, the company has a habit of not documenting processes. I think I can fix that, at least for this department.

I also met with one of the product managers and the other admin in the group. The product manager is a young guy not long out of college, primarily engineering. Turns out his parents see someone who does Reiki on them, so we talked about energy work and that it would be nice to somehow combine energy work and what the company does. The admin I'd met previously on my first interview over there. She already knew my work so we just chatted for a while.

I'm thinking this is a group I could easily fit in to. The product manager is relatively new to the group, only joined them in June, and he thought it was a group that was easy to fit into, everyone respects the rest of the group. Cool, that's what I'm looking for.

Other than that, the rest of the day was pretty quiet. I haven't heard from the gal I'm replacing since Wednesday, so I hope she's OK. I sent her an email at home and a voice mail telling her what was going on, no word.
Seeing that, I left my business card with the conference chairman, told him to call me if he needed me to come in. He also said he'd welcome a link on Linked In, so I sent that off while I was there.

So... tonight I get to watch Sanctuary, even though I haven't watched last week's opening episode yet. Oops.

Tomorrow is clean and cook and do day. Taez needs an oil change, as he's over 3k miles. He needs gas, which is down to $2.79 a gallon in my neck of the woods. While I'm out and about, time for another drop off at ARC. Need to make yogurt. Have another platelet donation on Sunday. So, yeah, busy weekend to finish up a busy week.

No comments: