Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Brrr...

Yeah, been quiet for a few days. Work has kept me busy. That and blood sugar crashes at night.

I'm amazed how fast I fit right back into here, like I hadn't left. Picked up and ran with what needs to be done. Sat in a three hour meeting on the conference coming up in 3 weeks. Contributed some ideas, made them aware of some things the planners didn't think about, offered to come up with a master schedule of things.

The master schedule is getting to be a monster. There are multiple rooms at two locations that have people presenting and moderating, people viewing, A/V, facilities, catering and more going on. I've pulled together on an Excel spreadsheet that I think covers what's going on from what I remember. Each day is it's own spreadsheet, otherwise it would be complicated mess to figure out.

The logistics committee wants the schedule so they can up it up on a wall in the war room, look at it, know when someone needs to be ready to speak, when the trash has to be taken care of, when the food needs to be set up or taken down. Good thing the company has plotters to print this out with, cause 11 x 17 ain't gonna be big enough.

Ren Fest was a nice change. Wandered through there for a couple hours. I did find the hair clip I was looking for, so I bought it. While I was there, a couple of people were looking at the one I already have. I had it in my hair, so I showed it to them. It was gone by the time I paid for mine.

As for the blood sugar crashes... That's me not thinking about what I'm eating. Monday night I wasn't really hungry when I got home, so I had a nectarine and a granola bar. All sugar, no protien, ka-rash. I was falling asleep in my chair by 8, could barely keep my eyes open to watch Heroes.
Last night I thought I made a better choice of a large handfull of almonds with a nectarine. I did a little better, still was nodding off before 9.

It could be that getting up at 4 am to meditate, then exercise before getting into the shower could be part of the issue. Didn't sleep well Monday night, last night wasn't much better.
Cold house doesn't help much. The building heat hasn't been turned on yet, so it's maybe 55-60 degrees inside at night, colder in the morning. I don't sleep well when I'm cold, hence the electric mattress pad to warm my bed before I crawl in to sleep.

Been cold on Chael, too. Yesterday was chilly coming in, took me until noon to get warm again. Today I put on sweatpants under my motorcycle pants and a polar fleece jacket under my motorcycle jacket, plus a scarf around my neck. Had so much stuff on I couldn't turn my head, oops. Even had another pair of gloves on the outside of my supposedly winter weight gloves. Today I'm sitting with the fleece jacket on my legs to get them warmed up.

As long as there is no snow or frost on the roads, I'll keep riding.

I'm looking forward to my Quantum Touch Core Transformation I class this weekend. It's down in Bloomington, runs Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. This is the one that is supposed to help with allergies and such. I'll be asking lots of questions. Especially if it can help with Raini's hyperthyroidism and Shad's hurting hips.

No comments: