Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things I'm thankful about

Today, it’s competent IT people, the internal TV that allows me to watch the S&T conference and being alive.

I’ve been on the phone a couple times with IT today. First time I had someone who doesn’t know her head from a hole in the wall. I ended up hanging up on her because I had no patience to deal with her.

Then I had to call back to get access to the internal TV station and to see why Word wouldn’t save. This gal knew what she was doing. She was able to remotely access my machine (first one couldn’t figure it out), get me permission to save documents, escalated my issue with not being able to open documents on a drive and got the internal TV going.

At least I have something to do besides sitting here and twiddling my thumbs. I can watch and learn more about where the company has been since I was here last, where they want to go, and what role I will play in the future when I’m hired.

My copywriting kit shipped yesterday, so I’ll have to track that as it wanders across from Florida to here. Give me something new to expand my mind with, a new skill to play with.

Since I’ve got time on my hands, I created a tracking sheet for my exercise program. I know where I’ve been, where I’m going. I also figured out some percentages of fat to lean muscle weight, given what my scale said I have for a body fat percentage. Looks like all of my weight loss so far has been fat only, while gaining about a half pound of muscle.

I’m also going to bring in the strength training into the mix next week. I’m thinking I’ll start with two days a week of strength, four days of PACE for a couple weeks, then move to three day of each.

Got an appointment with Dr. R on Friday. Just want to make sure everything is working correctly, so he’s aware of what’s going on as my body changes. Give him a paper copy of the PACE program so he’s aware of it, knows what it’s talking about.

Other than that, not much doing. Evenings I’m working on the new afghan design. Trying to figure out how to lengthen and widen it out by making some unconventionally sized blocks to go between the four block squares. I’ll put up a photo when I get it all figured out.

Oh, and have I said anything about how much I appreciate working for this company? I may be bored to tears right now because I don't have much to do. What gets me is the smiles, people being friendly and open. It is SUCH a change from the last job. It's easy to be happy in the building I'm working in.
Granted, given the building has been occupied for about a year, so it doesn't have a lot of history or low vibrational energy yet. I don't think it will, because the company's mission permeates everything.

Now I just need to get Taez's high pressure power steering fixed.

No comments: