Monday, October 13, 2008

More job info

As I'm working on writing my e-screen for one job, I get an email from the HR gal I interviewed with last week. The job with the engineering group will be interviewing the week of the 28th, so I'll be setting that up sometime this week. Sweetness.

Then my primary temp agency calls. One of the year-long positions they put me up for, the hiring manager accidently deleted me from the list, so they wanted to know if I wanted back on the list. Sure, why not? I can interview for all of them and take whatever comes up. One way or another, I'm getting in to that company.

I did get my thank you notes hand written out today. Then I discovered the stamps I have on hand are still 39 cent stamps... I don't have any 42 cent stamps at home. Tells you how often I mail stuff, doesn't it? So I'll go buy only what I need for sending out the cash rent contract, the instructor contract back to QT and the three thank you's tomorrow.

When I went to check my mail, I discovered a couple checks in there. One was from the government, from overpaying my 2006 taxes. The other three were from a settlement with a financial company I used to have some money with. Nice to see the law of attraction working and pulling in some money for me.

Other than that, my usual plugging away at stuff that needs to be done.

I did catch a bit of Oprah today. Suze Orman was on again, going over whether or not people could afford to retire early, stay home with the kids, etc. Her new rule is that you need eight months to a year of income in cash. She's saying that most job searches are now taking that long, so you need that much of a reserve to CYA.

So I know what I'll be doing with my copy writing checks - putting them away. First to cover a year's worth of expenses, second to get a hybrid Tahoe, third to put away money for the plastic surgery I'll need when I get down to my goal weight.

I've already planned it out in my head that I'll probably need to do three surgeries to get rid of the excess skin. Start at the top, do the arms, neck and breasts. Second surgery will be an abdominoplasty, to take off the excess skin around my waist. Third will be to deal with my butt and legs. Spread them out over at least six months so I have plenty of time to heal and regain my strength before the next one.

I'm figuring I'll need about $100k for all three surgeries. My current health insurance won't cover 'elective' plastic surgery due to weight loss, so this will have to be cash out of pocket. I'm not going to take out a loan, so I'll need to save up for it.

See how much I can get done before my 25th class reunion in 2010.

No comments: