Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow...

Ugh. It's snowing. Not the cute, big fluffy lazy fluttering flakes, but the cold, wet pellets. Life in Minnesota.

So, where have I been since Tuesday? Working. Watching S&T. Finally got my copywriting stuff, so I've been reading that.

Went to my godson's football game yesterday. The game, which was supposed to start at 2 pm, didn't start until after 3. It was almost 5 by the time I stopped to put gas in Chael to get home. Then I turned around and went to Walmart to get yarn and a few things, by the time I got home the second time it was almost 7. Yikes.

Today has been washing 5 loads of laundry, doing some crocheting, washing dishes. Meals are in the freezer, so I don't have to worry about cooking this week. Yeah. Next weekend is another platelet donation on Saturday and Sunday I have my next language class for coaching.

It's been a week of dealing with the fears that are surfacing. For a couple days I was seriously wondering if I'm even cut out for success in any venue. Am I good enough to be a great coach, or a great copywriter, or am I just fooling myself? Is being an admin the rest of my life the best I can do? Is this all there is to my life?

I'm blaming that on hormones.

My interview is on Tuesday. Talked to the boss on Friday when he called in. On his calendar his entire Monday is blocked off, so he said once he gets through his emails and that we'll go talk and see what I think of the position. The job in and of itself is easy, the work is easy. The people are easy to get along with. I want this.

By getting this job, it gives me the stability to get the copywriting going, get letters written for myself, start offering my services to others. It gives me time to work through the security issues that are coming up in my body as I let go of the weight and wait. I can put away what I earn and give myself a cushion.

There are other things brewing in my head, they will have to wait for now.

No comments: