Saturday, October 18, 2008

10 things I'm happy about right now

Bohemianbanshee had a meme on 10 things that make you happy right now. Here goes:

1. I'm working
2. Mortgage is paid for October
3. Got to see my godson play football today (his team lost, 13-0)
4. Got to spend some time with part of my created family after the football game
5. I'm still alive and breathing
6. Kitchen Window is having a knife sale and sharpening event this weekend
7. When I come home from Kitchen Window tomorrow, I'm making my version of beef stew, tomato risotto and yucca buns.
8. My cats are both still alive and going somewhat strong.
9. My friends are recovering from their various maladies
10. I have hope for the future.

Other than that, I've been re-reading Every Woman's Guide to Personal Power. It's a way to build muscle without having to use any equipment, or very little.
Wendie is based here in the Cities, and I actually met with her for a session 18 months ago. That's when I tried exercising on a regular basis, then had problems with my knees. Now that I've done the PACE program for 5 weeks, I'm thinking after this coming week I'll start doing the PACE three days a week and doing strength exercises the other three days a week. Start building some muscle to help my body use up even more fat.
According to Wendie, a pound of muscle uses 35 calories an day, fat only 2. Add 10 pounds of muscle and you burn off a pound of fat every 10 days. Cut calories or add exercise to move another 500, and it starts adding up quickly.

I pulled the book out because my godson wants to add some muscle to his small frame. If I can point him to a method that doesn't need equipment, he can start now and be that much better come baseball next spring and football next fall.

One step at a time.

No comments: