Monday, December 1, 2008

Next...

I'm declaring the office 95% done with the cleaning. There are a few more minor things that could be done, but for now it's good enough. There is open floor space, the felines have at least three places to nap, and most everything else is put away.

Next spot is the desk that is in the living room. I started cleaning it, discovered another pile of stuff from 1995. Oy. So most of that is going to the shredder. There is some other stuff I need to decide if it's going back to its original owner or to ARC, with ARC likely to win. There's only so much I can do, might as well give it to a place that can use it. That also means I don't have bring that person back into my life again. She's moved on, and most likely moved up north, so I have no way to get a hold of her. If she hasn't asked for it back by now, she's forgotten I have it.

Heard back from the HR gal at the company I was temping at. She thinks I'm capable of doing an analyst job, even though I've never worked with SAP and have extremely limited experience with Oracle. I'm leery about it. On the other hand, she does have an admin job coming up in technical communications, which I would be up for.

In between, I've been re-reading bits and pieces of Conversations with God, volume 1. It hit home again with me about the thanking ahead part, that I need to thank the Universe for having what I want, especially when I don't have it yet.

Thanking ahead brings up some stuff I need to work on, things I need to do some acceptance work around. I think I've mentioned this before, about the behaviors of some people who have money in contrast to how I usually behave. Does my behavior, ethics and values have to change in order to become wealthy, or do I simply need to let go of some old things that no longer serve my current situation? Probably a bit of both.

I do believe I will give the dust some time to settle and go start the edging on the afghan. With a little luck I may even finish that tonight. Photos of cleaning and the afghan tomorrow.

No comments: