Friday, December 5, 2008

I do believe

Things are starting to move in the direction I prefer.

I received an e-screen today for the job I applied for on Wednesday. Went to check the job description and it had already been taken down, so it looks like they want to move fast on this one. The e-screen is basically a written interview to help narrow down the candidates. I've got most of it done, need to tweak a few answers.

The give away question asked if I had done any business writing. Let's see... "I have done several pieces of business writing. I was a newspaper reporter, photographer and proofreader for almost three years, covering school, city and county governments, and local events. While at [CM] I wrote a user manual for a software application. At Home Depot I wrote user manuals and policy/procedure manuals for the phone center and the kitchen and bath departments, along with co-writing the cashier handbook that became a district standard. At [T] I wrote the procedure manual for handling the 27 sources of leads the company dealt with. At [J] I edited and re-wrote the procedures for the college lead generation. I have co-authored a book, ‘Sacred Healing’, with 11 other coaches. I am also taking a correspondence course in copywriting to expand my writing skill set." How's that for an answer?

I also got a call from my not so favorite temp agency offering me a CSR job for a law firm. The pay was way below grade for dealing with upset customers, and I am SO over doing CSR work. That they wanted me to decide right then if I wanted it or not caused me to say no, call me for admin only.
Was I foolish to turn down two weeks of work that I don't like to do? Possibly. There are just some things I am no longer willing to do, and that type of work is what caused me to stop using that agency in the first place - they couldn't see me doing anything else.

On to bigger and better things. I'm getting better about snapping myself out of unproductive thinking and back to what I want to see and have happen in my life.

Photoread the copywriting again today. Practice makes permanent, ya know, so I'm getting this stuff into my head and letting it be cross referenced and parallel processed in the subconscious so I can pull it up at will later.

I do believe the majority of the shredding is done. The fifth contractors bag is about half full. I have not yet tackled the kitchen table, so there may be more there. Still, it felt good to have that done.

Platelet donation tomorrow. While I'm out I am going to stop at Half Price Books to find the third Conversations with God book, mail the presents to Jones clan and find a Fed Ex for the last of the toner cartridges.

Off to watch Stargate: Atlantis and Sanctuary.

No comments: