Sunday, December 21, 2008

One good thing about winter...

...is that you have a convenient extra freezer if you need one. Handy for making ice cream, too.

Didn't get as much done as I was hoping to. Did get the blinds up, with an inch or so gap in the middle. That's a bit annoying in the middle of the night, other than that they work well. Nice and dark.

Today I washed clothes - just in time as my last batch must have killed one of the washers. Washed dishes, didn't quite get to making the risotto. I still have soup left, so I'll take that with and see about doing the risotto tomorrow night.

The yogurt I made last weekend turned out very thick and good. I added a heaping tablespoon of raw honey to the mix, and there's just a hint of the flavor in it. Next time, two heaping tablespoons and heat it up so it mixes in better.

I may have solved my heating issues. Ran around the house with my digital instant read thermometer to see just how cold it was in here. Most rooms were between 62-66 degrees. I moved the couch, played with the zone valve, gave it time to get things moving. No joy. So I started playing with the thermostat. Perhaps that helped. It's not as cold in here, relatively. The outside temp may have also risen, which could have been the change as well.

It's probably time to get a new thermostat. The one that's there is probably the original one put in 40 some years ago, as it has a capsule of mercury in it. Have to dispose of that properly and find something that will work with this antique system.

Always something.

No comments: