Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrr....

Dunno about you, it's too early in the season to have temps this cold. Don't know that it got above 0 degrees today, and it's supposed to drop to -15 tonight. Add on the windchill... Had to stop and put gas in Taez tonight. That was a cold few minutes filling until I hit $20, which was about a half a tank of gas.

First day of work went well. Usual run around with getting back into the system, then having to deal with 238 emails from the people I previously worked with.

This is going to be an interesting project. You would think for a company with 38,000 people that they would have a policy about how to buy software. They don't. Every business unit, which used to be a stand alone company until bought out by this company, is in some ways still using it's own method of buying software. That's going to make the project I'm working on harder.

I expect as we move through this that a policy and procedures will be developed for company wide use, no matter what the business unit. Until then, I get to slog through the Visio and Project files, matching up licensed users to PO's before we uninstall those who don't need it or aren't licensed. Joy.

The weather is dictating what I'm getting done, as well. I'm sitting by a large bank of windows, so even with a polartec jacket on, I was still cold. I'll grab a loose piece of fleece tomorrow to put over my legs, see if that helps. If not, perhaps an afghan I have from Grandma Beck will get hauled to work and put into use.

Didn't do much over the weekend. Started another afghan out of yarn I already have. I'll make a lap robe out of that. Need to get some other yarn to go with a ruby red I have that I'd like to use up and get out of here.

I did make yogurt and yucca buns. Played with the yucca dough a bit to see if I could make it into something resembling a pizza crust, since it's 2 cups of shredded cheese to 1 cup of tapioca flour. It worked well when you partially bake it, add the sauce - bar-b-que for this - plus meatballs. Tasted pretty good. Second day, not so much. Gotta play with the recipe, see if there's a bit more give there somewhere.

Now, if I can just sleep tonight. First I couldn't get to sleep last night, then I couldn't stay asleep. Bah. Oh well, since I took a shower when I got home tonight, I can sleep in until 4:50 am, meditate and still get out the door by 7:15.

No comments: