Friday, December 12, 2008

Fer sure

Nine am Monday I am officially back to work.

That said, I'm still cleaning. Finished up the filing I didn't get done yesterday. Went and got the 2+ weeks worth of mail, so the postal carrier will be happy, sorted through that. While I was sorting I found a check for $138, so that helps things out for the next two weeks until I get a pay check.

I got a bill for my health insurance that I need to get a certified check for. Oops. In that same pile I also got the tax estimate for property taxes on my farm - they are going up 42% from last year. Ouch.

Haven't been very productive otherwise. I do believe I've run out of steam on the cleaning. Things are better, not perfect, but better than they were when I started a month ago.

I think I will spend this weekend cooking. I need to make meals for work. Perhaps tomato risotto with beef, some squash risotto with chicken, perhaps enhance the soup I made this week. Yogurt for sure.

I am very happy to say that Jones clan is coming down for the holidays. Spend Christmas day with Dominiks, then Jones come to town. That is the balm my soul needs, to be with people I can be myself with.
And yes, I am getting pictures of the entire group - I'm thinking a shot on the Dominik's back porch, with everyone lined up around the stairs - will be the perfect thing for my family area. New pictures for a new year.

I'm also thinking about letting the blood family know about this blog. Then they can keep up with me if they want to.

Ugh, now to deal with the hunger. I had a pear for lunch, hot chocolate and granola bars for a mid afternoon snack, and now I'm HUNGRY. May have to clean out the frying pan and fry up a couple more burgers, or maybe some hash browns and a burger...

No comments: