Monday, December 8, 2008

Conversations with God, the books

While I was out doing my platelet donation on Saturday, I went to Half Price Books to see if they had volume 3 of the Conversations with God series. They did, so it came home with me. I finished reading book 2 between naps on Saturday, then dove into 3 yesterday.

I do have to say that CwG is the closest I've come to seeing someone else write about how I view and relate to the Universal Consciousness. Since I was little, I've objected to calling that Consciousness God, because frankly it didn't feel or seem right to me. I knew the Missouri Synod Lutheran church I was forced to go to, to my young mind (between 8-15 years old) had their story wrong. I knew it, just couldn't articulate it, and when I did my so-called elders who knew better didn't.

CwG resonates to my truth, which may not agree with your truth, and that is perfectly fine. I am not religious, spiritual, very much so. I'm not fond of the boxes religion puts around my relationship with the Universe.

If you haven't read them, might be something to look at. You may think the books are blasphemy, have an open mind. See if it resonates with your truth. If you think it is blasphemy, take a hard look at what is causing you to think that way. Is it your own beliefs, or is it what someone else told you to believe? Put on your critical thinking cap and start picking things apart. Does it make your heart sing, does it feel like truth to you?

Just try it. Never know what might happen.
---
As I've been cleaning, I came across a quote in one of my old yearly tablets that I keep track of business things in. It is:
Act as if you are worthy to have what you want, and the Universe will prove you correct - Alan Cohen.

How true is that?
---
Sent in my e-screen this morning.

Other than that, time to Photoread, yet again, the copywriting manual. Then I need to finish cleaning off and out the desk in the living room, then the kitchen table. Between I need to decide if I keep the desk or put it up on Craig's List. If I keep it, I need to energetically clean it, because it comes with a load of history that is no longer relevant.

No comments: