Tuesday, December 30, 2008

See what happens

Yesterday I had my interview with the tech comm director. I thought it went well, except for one answer I gave that she didn't seem satisfied with.

I believe I fixed that today when I interviewed with one of the tech writers. I told him that this was the first position in a long time where I could see room to grow into something I like to do, with the technical writing. The last three admins have all ended up as writers, and they are looking to hire three more in the coming months.

See what happens. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, something else will come along. One day at a time.
---
Sat down with my current boss to show her what I'd been up to while she was out last week. I showed her how I had separated out the purchased license records, how I'd dealt with the one list of known licenses we did get from the Memphis group, and the other things I'd done. She was happy and very impressed at how much I'd gotten done, how I color coded it so at a glance she could see what was going on.

We talked a bit about what I could work on while she's out this week. One of the things was to build a decision tree so these geeks and engineers could see what the consequences would be if they don't pay up for their licenses. Another is to continue to bug the Northridge site to get their list of licenses. Then there's the last two weeks of purchased licenses to integrate into the other lists I have going.

And then there's the required training that even contractors have to do. Since I came in late - I got my photo hard badge this morning, yeah - I decided to work on the training while waiting for the interview. Got half of it done, finished the rest of it this afternoon. Nice to have it done and out of the way.

With the training done, the decision tree started, it was time to come home.

Started crocheting the laprobe together. Almost done with that, then I can start on the edging. Get that done this weekend, wash it and send it over to Project Warm Hearts. Another tax write off for me.
---

No plans for tomorrow night. Other than I might make some ice cream. I found a really basic recipe using half and half, sugar and vanilla. Might give that a whirl in the ice cream freezer. The tub is outside and it's supposed to get down to -2 new year's morning, perfect time to make ice cream. Better than paying $6 or better for a quart, or even a pint.

Hmm, perhaps I may want to consider making up some basic vanilla bases this winter so I can have ice cream this summer. That might even be worth firing up the freezer for again. Put it in vacuum pack bags... I'm starting to like this idea.

No comments: