Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Quiet eve

Tis a quiet eve around my house tonight. Just me and the furballs as usual. Building is quiet, seems most people have left as well, which is nice.

Very quiet at work today. During the morning, I think there were maybe three people other than me in my side area of the building. I got to park right up front, next to the elevators today. Getting to work was a breeze, hardly any trafic.

Once there... I met with the admin they currently have. She's transitioning into a full time writing career doing the electronic versions of the manuals for the products we make. I would be doing all the admin work, proofing, pulling together the weekly reports, taking notes at the department meetings, etc. One of her concerns is that I'll be bored. I won't be if I set the intention to find all the things that need to be done, and it sounds like there is a lot of them.

There's room to grow. They are always looking to hire from inside for writing. It's physician and clinician manuals, stuff like that. It's the first real opportunity I've had to grow into something in many years.

I'll interview with one of the technical writers and the department head next week. If they extend an offer, then I give Dolphin my two week notice, tell my current boss, and go like hell to get things pulled together as much as I can for her before I go.

Why the change of heart? I talked to the agency today. My normal recruiter was on his way home, so I talked to someone else. She said they wouldn't have a problem with it. Contrast that to what he said to me earlier about once I start an assignment, I have to hold off on interviewing. See what happens, cross that bridge when I get there.

Now I need to set up the wireless router again. With Jones clan coming in, they want to send me their MII's. They are bringing their projector with, so we can use that to play the Wii on in the party room. I think I've got a white or light sheet we can hang on the wall as a screen.

Ah, the joys of technology, which I will tackle in the morning.

No comments: