Sunday, December 28, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a good day. I got to spend a chunk of it with my created family, and it was most definitely what I needed.

Jones clan, because of the fog Friday night, came in yesterday morning. I headed to the rec center to get set up and get the french toast bake made. Once Jones' got here, got the Wii set up with the projector aimed at the wall and away we went. The Jones' Mii's showed up, the Dominiks each have a Mii now, so the plaza is starting to fill up. Note to self - send Keth and D's Mii's to Jones so we have them for the summer.

Wii music is good fun. There are four different drum kits available, so if you have the Wii Fit balance board, you can use that for the bass drum and top hat cymbals, then go to town. For those of us who have always wanted a full trap set and either couldn't afford it or didn't have the room, here you go. Add one game to my list.

Once Dominiks arrived, we started in on the four player games. We bowled, even got Grandma in on the act. Played golf, tennis, had loads of fun. One injury - R got too close to the table we set the projector and game on and bashed her hand pretty good.

All in all, a pretty good day. One I suspect we will be repeating in the future, as long as I'm in my current location with the party room. Come summer, we'll have to load up and go out to Jones clan and have a party night out there.

Here are the combined clans:
---
Christmas Day was good as well. Spend the afternoon with the Dominiks. Supper was hilarious, the food was good, good memories to take home.

---
Donated platelets Friday morning. This was one of those rare times when it hurt, and still does a bit. The nurse who stuck me found a different vein to use, so the vein wasn't happy, and the tip may have gotten into the far wall. Add on top both hands going numb, not a great experience.

What matter is that the triple dose of platelets is going to someone who needs them more than I do.

Dr. M, when I went to see him that afternoon, was amazed to hear what my platelet count is. Then he tried to put me back to rights, which wasn't an easy process. Something is going on between my neck, shoulders and elbows and is messing with my hands. He moved some things around, then gave me some exercises to do in the shower to help loosen things up. If it's not better in a couple weeks, I need to go back to see him. Joy.

I need to go look up what issues are connected to the body parts in question. That may give me an idea as to what is causing this to act up at this point.
---
As for today, laundry is in the dryer. I may portion out what's left of the french toast bake and take that for lunch this week, or at least the first three days of the week. Wash dishes. Probably finish up the laprobe I've been working on. See what else I can get the gumption to do.

No comments: