Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I live in MN why?

Days like today make me wonder what is causing me to stay in MN. It's the only state I've lived in all my life, almost everyone I know is here, and truthfully, winter isn't that long. Although bitter cold can make it seem like forever.

Not sure if the new valve I had put in last week is working or if it's just that damn cold, but it's in the 60's in my unit. I'm getting some heat, cause the register next to my desk isn't ice cold, still, brr. Thankfully the electric mattress pad is still working, I turned that up on high for an hour before I went to bed last night, hopped into a nice toasty warm bed. I found one of my timers, so the pad will turn on around 9 and stay on until midnight.

I slept like a rock last night, literally. I went to sleep and didn't move, woke up at 4:45. I needed that kind of deep sleep, after not sleeping the night before. Taking the tryptophan at 9, then taking a melatonin right before I went to sleep did the trick.

I even caved and put a heating pad in the crate under the fleece for Raini and Shad. Raini is in and out, warming up and then going elsewhere. Raini slept with me last night, and cuddled under the comforter for a while while I meditated this morning.

Now, you would think with this cold weather, and working in an almost brand new (less than a year old) building, it would be warm in there. Not so. I had my 'magic' scarf around my neck and over my hands to keep them warm as I was trying to analyze data. I need to dig out some fleece and create a 'mouse house' for my trackball. Hands do not work well when cold. Being a massage therapist, I need to protect them. I like my hands the way they are, thank you very much.

Not much to say about work. Analyze data, try to make sense of what I'm seeing, try to figure out what is causing the system to pull in info that doesn't seem relevant. Add to that the place is closed next Thursday and Friday, so it's a short week. Boss is out after Monday, as both she and her hubby work there, and someone has to stay home with their kids while they are off from school. Following week we're closed on Thursday only, so I can still get in 36 hours.
Start bringing in some cash and catching up on the bills.

I did break down and buy one thing for the house - new shades for my bedroom. They are almost blackout shades, no cords and have a metallic backing to reflect the heat/cold. The shades I have now are see through - not good enough if someone walks through the back yard and I'm changing clothes.

No comments: