Wednesday, December 3, 2008

When will it end?

Cleaning, that is. I am getting tired of cleaning and would dearly love to go back to work now, please. I did apply online for the tech comm admin job at the company I like, so we'll see what happens with that.

Here are the photos I promised from a couple days ago.



As you can see, the office now has clear floor space and I can move around without anything blocking my way. What a relief to have this opened up, I'm facing a good direction and the door (although I do have to move slightly, since I'm sitting behind a 24" monitor). It's just good to be out from under the clutter.

I do need to reset the office energy. Mr. Maintenance, besides taking forever to do the shut off and new zone valves, stank to high heaven. His cologne reeked, the POP gas he used to solder the plumbing joints stunk, plus all the old boiler water. Yuck. Need to burn some paulo santo wood again, reset the energy.

So here's what the desk area in the living room looks like.

Yesterday I sorted off the entire top of the desk, went through the drawers, then went through five plastic bins that were between the desk and the pantry. What was in the bins mostly went in the garbage or recycling, or is in the process of being shredded into the fifth contractors bag of shredding.

When I wasn't cleaning off the desk, I was working on the shelves above my couch. Most of the knick knacks that I've gotten over the years went to ARC today. (Note: if you're trying to clean up ceramic figurines that have smoke and dust on them, try the Mr. Clean miracle sponges. Took off the crud, didn't take off the paint.) Washed the glass shelves and the other items that are going back up.

Today I made a trip to ARC and Ocean Tech. Ocean Tech got my electronics recycling. I realize now I forgot the inkjet printer and the boom box. Oh well, next trip. I keep going like this and there will be another trip to ARC before the end of the year, and another to Ocean as well.

On the way, I stopped at UPS to ship back a broken modem, used toner cartridges and drum unit. Some of the toner cartridges have been around since the early 90's, when I bought the HP 4MP for Trekadence, so Bill and Shawn could put out the newsletter. (I also found a Wyld Gryphons tape, the 'musical' group those two did at that time.)

Now if I could just get Womanizer and Circus out of my head... Watched Brit on GMA yesterday morning, and the songs are stuck in my head.

1 comment:

Raving Rendal said...

Man its amazing to find anyone even remembering Trekadence :)Raving Rendal here still going on nitpicking on things. I thought I'd look it up on google and see if anyone but me showed up :D