Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Printers and lessons

Oy. I have not had this many problems installing a printer in many years. I have tried everything I know to get this frellin' thing to work and it's not. HP's website is not helping, Apple's website is not helping. I emailed a friend who's a Mac geek at the U to come help me with this one.

While he's here, he can take apart my laptop and see if anything can be done about the video board. I tried hooking up the laptop to the 17" monitor I have, once I found the connecting cable. No joy, the monitor was just as fuzzy and fritzed as the laptop screen. Crap. Kind of good news - the printer did print from the laptop, with a couple pieces of garbage. !@#$%%^!

So, what's the lesson or information to be had about this? What piece of information am I missing?

There is some good news. I went to see Dr. M today about my back. When I hit the bump on Friday, T11-T12 compressed against each other behind the spinal cord. When I laid on the floor Saturday night to see if I could stretch it out, half of it did decompress and move back in to position, the other side didn't. So he moved a few things and got things to fully decompress.

While I was there, I asked him about the ADD symptoms and their possible start in my fall of March 2006. He immediately remembered me coming in that morning, so he did some testing on me. He's thinking it's an overactive fungal infection that's causing brain fog. He put me on Miranda to kill off the fungus and something else to help the synapses continue to fire so I can stay focused.

I did get my wealth corner set up in my living room. I have a wooden end table covered in a fun indigo fabric. On the top level I have the blue lamp with a white shade and some silver dollars. On the main level I have more of the silver dollars, a mess of 50 cent pieces, my fountain and my wealth and prosperity vision board. I believe I have balanced all of the elements of wood, water, fire, metal and earth.

And, third day in a row, I did my exercise.

So, it's Tuesday, therefore it's an hour of Good Eats and an hour of Eureka. Decent watching for a while.

Toodles.

No comments: