Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moving along

Well, tonight I go pick up my shiny new resume and start applying for jobs. It will be interesting to see how she does it, how she combines and states things. I'll use that to also update my Linked In profile to make sure that's up to date.

Hey - for those of you who haven't joined Linked In yet, think of this as a subtle reminder to get your profiles out there and linked to me. Please?

As seems to happen in my meditations, I came up with some ideas this morning for some classes to present. They would be on stress and anxiety, how we create them, how to deal with them. The information would be based in my Structures of Personality class I took. Put it together a lunch & learn event. See if I can sell it to some companies, maybe even offer it to non-profits to help people help themselves.

Since today has been pretty slow, I've been outlining the classes, coming up with content. I need to review my notes from the class I took to flesh out the curriculum. I also need to come up with some handouts and take aways. One I've thought of is an MP3 of a guided visualization that people can use to help themselves, one for stress, one for anxiety. Email that to them after the class as a follow up.

That would also mean getting my website for the business back up and running. It's been down for over a year now, so I need to put together some content and actually post the thing. When I get it up and running, I'll let you know.

Then there's McK's wedding this weekend. I have to go through the house and find the invite. I think I know where I need to be and when, just need to double check. Her present is already bagged, along with the surprise in the bottom. I just need to write on the card and explain what the surprise is and why I'm giving it to her and G now.

The weather looks like she'll get her wish of a low to mid 70 degree day. I set that intention as soon as she told told us about the engagement.
That may change my choice of clothes. Again. Perhaps a quick run through Lane Bryant and Catherines is on the docket for tomorrow night.
---

Had lunch yesterday with some of the group I worked with when I was here in 2006-07. It was good to see them, get caught up on how they are doing after losing 6 of 14 team members. When I left, the gal I reported to was in management training, as the director was at some point planning to retire or transition up the ladder.
They got a couple months warning that things would be shaking out. Still, a lot of tears and heartbreak the day it happened.

Here's what hit me the most: how optimistic the group is. They are all pulling together to get things done, to keep each other's spirits buoyed. C is doing her best to show the company why they need to keep a library, keep people who have a master's in library science to do research, and all the supporting people that keep this vast physical and electronic library afloat.

It was refreshing to see how optimistic they all were, despite what happened. They are being resiliant in the face of adversity. Open, honest communication about how everyone is doing, how to keep the team working is how she's doing it. I know C can pull it off. I've got some ideas for her, to help her help herself and the rest of the group.

That's a leader I can easily follow.

So, it's soon time to wander down to Chael and navigate him down to Minneapolis so I can get my resume.

No comments: