Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Interviews, etc

So, I think the interview went well today. I took my time answering questions, chose my words carefully. The position is for the CMO's admin. The CMO is a female transplant surgeon who has an ego, you need to be three steps ahead of her, and if you can read her mind, you're doing good. I suspect the HR dude was trying to nicely say she can be a bitch sometimes. Bitch just stands for Babe In Total Control of Herself.

HR dude had two more people to interview today, then will narrow it down to a second round of interviews for next week. If I get to the second round with the director and get through that, there would be a third interview with the CMO to see if personalities fit.

Here's the thing. Am I ready to deal with an overgrown 2-year-old that has tantrums when things don't go her way? Or am I confusing her with my previous boss? I do need to do some research on her, see if I can figure out who she is, do some testing to see if I'm walking into another trap. That can wait until I hear about coming back for a second interview.

If all else fails, I've gotten some interview practice in.

On the flip side, I heard from one of the gals I worked with on that three week stint. She is going in to have eyelid surgery next week and was wondering if I was available to cover for her (medically necessary, her eyelids and brows impair her sight by 30%). I am, so she was going to talk to the powers about getting me in. That will help the bottom line.
I'm also up for a year position in Coon Rapids. Only problem is that it pays $16 an hour. That covers the bills and my gas to get to work and not much else. I'm hoping the other person gets it and something better comes along for me.

Here's something I've noticed about myself in the last six weeks. It doesn't hurt when I smile for extended time periods anymore. Seriously! If field tech was around too long, my face hurt from smiling.
I've smiled more in the time since I got fired than I have in many years. I think that says a lot about the whole situation at the former job.

At the point I took the job, I wasn't really looking at the warning signals. I heard them but I wasn't fully cognizant about what was going on. Didn't ask enough questions. I thought I could do something about it. Now I realize I couldn't have won no matter what I did. I was set up to fail from the get go. This time I'm tuning in to how my body is feeling about things when I walk into the building. I'm noticing if it feels like P's former workplace, or when I came around the corner to go to my cube. If it does, I'm going to tread carefully and ask a lot of questions. If I can't walk out of there smiling and feeling good, forget it.

Might that be asking a lot, especially in today's job market given the financial fiasco Washington is cooking up? Might be. Law of Attraction can play into this cycle, too.

I know something will work out. Don't need to know the how, cause the Universe takes care of that. I just gotta keep the vision in mind, feel the gratitude for the things that are here/on the way.

I've created more vision boards. One for career, one for love/marriage/partnership, another for health and family, and for helpful people and travel. I bought more paper when I was out yesterday after signing up with another temp agency, so I've got all sorts of colors to work with. Need to find some pix of my favorite archangels and a few more career related pix and we're good.

Still doing the gratitude writing at night before I go to sleep. I'm writing down at least nine things I'm grateful for before I go to sleep. There are days when it's a repeat of what I've done before, some days have some new things. I do have a lot to be grateful for, time to recognize them.

Yes, I did go sign up for another temp agency. That's OK with them, the more I can work off each of them, the better. The second knows that the first comes first because they pay better. The second can get me more day jobs and shorter term stuff. Call and get them up and running tomorrow.

No comments: