Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday

Yeah, so, it's Monday again. Another work week.

Spent yesterday in class with my favorite teacher. She started a four part class on Coaching for Resiliency yesterday. It continues what I learned in Structures of Personality, focusing specifically on how to create resiliency in an individual, a couple, family and organizations. I'll miss the next class because I'll be in QT Core Transformation, but I'll get in on the language classes in November. Perhaps later when I make a few moments I'll go back through my notes and give you some highlights of the class.

One of the things that struck me yesterday was what she said about job hunting. Not surprised that topic came up. Her take on it is to start looking for a job when you already have one. Then you come from confidence and a position of power. You're already doing something you like, the company you are interviewing with then has to compete with what you have in order to gain you as an employee.

I can turn that in my favor. I can work it as I like temping, your company has some things that might interest me into settling into a more permanent position. I can come from power, not the need and desperation I may have been feeling these past few weeks. Just that switch in attitude was worth the price of the class.

This morning while I was meditating, some ideas came to mind. When things pull together for a copywriting course I want to take, I can write up three for myself. One will focus on Coaching for Resiliency, what resiliency is, how people can gain it, what classes I offer, individual and executive coaching, etc. The second will focus on Quantum Touch for health care practitioners like massage and physical therapists. The third will focus on my skills as a copywriter, what I can provide.
I've seen some of these sales letters as web pages, so I can create pages and put these on my websites.

One thing I have done this morning is get in contact with a previous temp agency I used to use. They have some short term receptionist jobs available that can at least get some money in the checking account. If I have to, I'll work with both of them for a while until something long term comes in.
I checked with Labor Ready, not so sure about them. You need to show up at 5:30 am, fill out an application at that time, then go out to the job site. Their average pay is $7/hour. Don't think so. Between the other temp agencies, they can do better.

Before I forget, remember that from this coming Wednesday, September 24 to October 15 is Mercury in retrograde. The last time Mercury was in retrograde was in June. Choose your words carefully, take time to think things out before you do them, don't sign contracts if you can avoid it until October 16 or later. If you have to sign a contract, go over it with a fine tooth comb and clarify everything you're not sure about. With work stuff, ask questions and double check everything before it goes out.

And yes, still exercising. Now on day 9.

EDIT!!! It's 11:30 am, and I just got off the phone with the U of MN. I had applied for an executive admin III position over there, and they want me in for an in person interview on Wednesday at 11 am. The exec I would be working for is very data driven, so my experience with Excel is critical. They didn't balk at my salary request or that I have a week with Dolphin coming up Oct. 3-10, either. Sweet.

No comments: