Friday, September 26, 2008

Good news

Got a call from one of the gals I worked with a couple weeks ago. She talked the chair of the scientific conference into bringing me back while she's out for eyelid surgery next week. Dolphin just called and said they want me from the 29th through October 8. Sweet.

That's enough to pay the October mortgage payment and leave me a bit for groceries and gas. Whew.

Now I can call the other agency and tell them I'm available October 9, find me something for that timeframe.

Otherwise, taking a day off. I'm crocheting, using up some yarn I've got to make some baby afghans. Put them up on Etsy, see if they go.

As I'm crocheting and doing a bit of cleaning, I'm watching Stargate SG-1 on Sci-Fi. Forgot how delicious Michael Shanks is. Ben Browder isn't bad, I'll take Shanks any day. Between him and Chris Potter, if they were standing side by side, I'm not sure who I'd pick first.

My supplements will be here today. I ordered from VitaCost on Monday, and UPS tracking says it will be here today. I'm finding I'm really needing the l-tryptophan. Been off of it for over a week, and that's why I think I crashed yesterday for a while. This is one of those times I can't let myself crash. Things are too unstable right now, mentally I need to be at the top of my game.

So, back to crocheting and drooling over Shanks.

No comments: