Friday, September 19, 2008

Mixed day

Mixed day. Applied for several more jobs. Got an e-screen back from one, filled that out and sent it back. Got my references in order.

I had volunteered to do parking duty on the 27th for a charity so I could do Ren Fest for free this year. Got a call from the charity, Ren Fest doesn't need us for parking, but will honor the free ticket. That allows me to drop stuff off at the city recycling event and then I can go to Ren Fest. Yeah!

Mixed bag with my agency. Someone specifically asked for me for a week assignment from Oct. 3-10. That bumped me out of a chance for a month long assignment. Then I get a call back asking if I would like a year long assignment that could start right after the week is up. Yes, please.
Then, to boot, they screwed up my paycheck, giving me only 32 hours instead of 40. Faxed in my timecard to get that straightened out.

P pointed me to a temp company that does things by the day, and you get paid daily as well. I'll check them out, cause I've got three weeks of no income which does not fly. Things like construction cleaning, catering, stuff like that I can do in my sleep. Better than nothing.

I've also got some ideas on how to always have a second income so if the first goes belly up I've got something to fall back on. I will not let myself get into this position of not having plenty of cash reserves on hand again.

No comments: