Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A better day

Well, two things have gone right so far today.

1. I have a free ticket into Ren Fest on the 27th. Granted, I have to direct traffic for 4 hours before I can go in. However, it's a free ticket, and my four hours helps the Hearing and Service Dog foundation. Ren Fest pays them for the hours I work, so they make money, Ren Fest gets help and the tax donation, and I get in free. To even top things off, I'm getting an extra free ticket, so if anyone wants to go, let me know.

2. My Mac geek friend from the U came through for me on getting the printer up and running. As usual, when you don't know what you're mucking with, you delete things you shouldn't. His suggestion of downloading the 10.4.11 update and installing it might do the trick, then hook the printer up to my router to make it think its on a network. It WORKS! Huge sigh of relief. Now I can get some stuff done I should have done months ago.

Now the 2500L can happily go off to be recycled properly. The city is having a recycling day the 27th... well, just have to see if one of the neighbors can take it with them. Otherwise I'll find another way to recycle it. One more thing out of here.

Raini gave me a right good fright this morning. I woke up at 4:30, decided to go meditate. Usually she's asleep somewhere on the bed at that time, not this morning. So I go searching, she's sleeping in her crate. I couldn't see if she was breathing, and when I first touched her, I didn't feel her breathe, either. A moment of fright until she came to and meowed at me for waking her out of a sound sleep.
I suspect she was spirit walking. Sometimes animal spirits will go on a walk about as they are preparing to wind down their physical lives. I've seen her and Shad staring off into space for extended periods of time before. This is the first time where she felt cold and took a while to come back.

That time is coming. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Day 4 for the exercise. Yes, it adds time to my morning routine, better to do it then so it's done for the day and my metabolism is revved for the whole time I'm awake.

More jobs applied for. Keep doing that on a daily basis, bound to get a couple people's attention.

I was listening to a call last night hosted by Bill Harris of Centerpointe Research. His friend, Kevin Hogan, had some words of wisdom on various subjects.
One of the things that came up was that in a study of famous people over the centuries had some common characteristics. They failed big at least three times before their wealth stuck. They pursued the same thing over and over again until they got it right - his example was of a pizza owner, tried it again in a better neighborhood.
One thing that stood out for me was a suggestion about all the good things that are coming out of this crappy situation. Make a list of all those good things and keep the focus on that.

I know that the right job at the right salary with the right company/department that meets my work values is out there. The right time is coming, I just gotta keep the faith. Some days, looking at the checking account, that's not easy. I have to trust that the Universe is lining up the next thing and it's coming soon enough to pay the bills, make the mortgage and keep me afloat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate those moments. Ack!
What we don't do for them. Had Polly's cherry-eye fixed yesterday, and she pawed it raw and swelled up so it looked worse than before. Running after a dog with a cold compress is not the best way to spend a night.