Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hmm...

So, been an interesting few days.

I had one of the other admins here give me a recommendation and send my resume in to HR. HR emailed me yesterday with an e-screen to see what position I would best fit into. I worked on it last night, finished it up this morning. Printed it out, brought it down to the HR person.

Good timing. She was just about to head into a meeting to discuss two admin positions for the finance department.

Also good timing. The admin who recommended me told me to ask the VP for a recommendation. I quick typed something general up and showed it to him. He read through it and signed it on the spot. So when I went down I handed that to her as well. I told her about the department I worked with previously and who to contact there. And I mentioned tomorrow is my last day for this assignment.

Things are coming together. I'm focusing on her telling me that they would like to extend me an offer for the position at the salary I have in mind.

I believe I know which group I would be working with, so I did some noticing on them this morning. The group as a whole tests positive, one of the directors and one on his team could be interesting, so I think they would meet my work values.

This feels right.

That said, I haven't stopped applying for positions here and at other companies. Keep all my options open until I collapse that particular waveset.

Shortly I'm headed off to the Twins game. The department invited me to come with them, which I was really surprised about. I get to meet the gal I've replaced for the last three weeks and spend a bit of time with people I haven't met yet.

Gotta clean out Taez so I can get people in his back seat. I volunteered to drive from here to the Dome.

Toodles!

No comments: