Friday, August 22, 2008

Wii, finally

For those of you who have been reading me for a while, you know that back in February (February!) I bought a Wii with extra games and controllers. In June I bought the Wii Fit. Neither one had set themselves up.

Until today. Yes, I finally have the Wii set up and even played a couple games. I still have to synch up the second controller and nunchuk and the balance board, the majority of the system is up and running.

Here's the downside: with my old TV, I need to switch to channel 91 to see the game. My TV doesn't want to switch back to channel 3 so I can watch TV. I'm charging the batteries in my remote to see if I can get the remote to behave so I can easily switch between 3 and 91. If not, after my FedEx delivery, I will hop on Chael and go to Target to get a new TV remote.
Edit 8-23: Once the batteries re-charged, the remote works again, so no need for a new one. Yeah!

What else have I gotten done today? Back in 1998, when I went to Montana for a vacation after my second suicide attempt, I found a gorgeous calendar with various scenes from Montana. I thought one day I would trim the photos and hang them up.

That day finally came today. I had trimmed most of the pictures while I was still at work using the art department's rotary cutter. I could make sure the corners were perfectly square and all the sides even. I had even bought 11" x 14" frames to put them in. As I was looking at my to-do list, I thought this would be an easy project, and it was. I had mats from a different frame that came in handy for two of the pictures, and the other I was able to use the black from the printed insert.

Here's the funny part, to me. I asked, using the noticing, if each of these pictures had a specific bagua they needed to go in. Yes. Picked each up, asked bagua by bagua which it belonged in, then which wall it needed to go on. One picture bumped my ocean painting to a different wall where it was supposed to be.

I also got my Therapeutic Coaching certificate up in its frame in my office.

Last night I started on the 'one page miracle' goals list from Change Your Brain. Hand written out, it's two pages, but will come down to one when I get it typed up. Then I can keep it handy with me wherever I go.
--Hmm, time for some lunch and maybe bake a batch of cookies . Maybe AB's lentil cookies with chocolate chips... (these are really good - you don't taste the lentils, but you get the added protein.)

Who's AB? None other than Alton Brown, my most favorite TV host on Good Eats, Iron Chef America, Feasting on Asphalt 1 & 2 and soon Feasting on Waves. He's also written three books, has his own website, is witty, geeky and all that good stuff I'm attracted to.

He's also the reason I've gotten back into cooking again. I got to meet him April 28 when he was on a signing tour for "Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run". I bought the book and stood in line for over 3 hours to get him to sign it and get a photo with him. Sweet!


The only other person I'd stand in line for to get an autograph and photo with is Chris Potter. I've had it bad for Potter since Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Now if Warner Brothers would just get their act together and put KF: TLC on DVD...

No comments: