Friday, August 8, 2008

Starting over

Hello.

New blog for a new era.

So... what prompts this? Being terminated from my workplace of the last 15 months.

The last couple months I've been working with feng shui, the art of wind and water. Been on a massive (for me) house cleaning kick. Started in my bedroom, hauled out two contractor's garbage bags of stuff I hadn't used or touched in the 11 1/2 years I've lived here. With that went umpteen boxes to the garbage. From there, eight grocery bags of clothes, two underbed containers holding 170+ paperback books and some other stuff went to the local thrift store.

Then I started in on the closet in the dining room. Out of there went 15+ jackets, coats, sweaters, parkas, a set of dishes, shoes, more books, etc off to the thrift store.

One day I got tired of my cats peeing all over my home, so I cleaned the floor behind the loveseat to the wall, hauled out more books and garbage. Then I went to work on the rest of the living room.

I'm still not done cleaning. I will be tackling the desk that's full of stuff in the back of the living room. I need to tackle my office, which is in my helpful people and travel area. I need to seriously enhance my wealth and prosperity areas.

Most of all, I need to look at this as a gift. How can losing your job be a gift? Because it gives me a chance to start over. New people, new things, another go at setting intentions to meet the values I want in a workplace.
My needs were pretty simple when I started the last job. I wanted a job that was within 15 miles of home, good people. I didn't set the bar high enough, because I didn't put everything together with what I valued in a job.

This time, I've come up with a much better and more extensive list of things I value in a job. Those things are:
-People who are genuine
-Honest and open communication
-A team that genuinely respects and cares for each other
-A team that works well together
-Within 10-15 miles from home or on an easy bus route
-Pay is at or higher than my previous income
-Flexible if I need time off to teach or see my chiropractors
-Fun group to work with
-Open to new view points and ideas
-Awake company and awake co-workers
-Company where I can make a difference, and what I do matters
-Most of all, a job where I am set up for success.

What I will miss the most is the relationships. A couple I'm going to work at to hang on to. The computer geeks, my 'endorphin rushes'... time will tell.

Next post, when I get around to it, will be some of the stuff you normally don't see of me. All the things I like, shows that pique my interest, books I can't get enough of, music that makes my heart sing.

No comments: