Friday, August 15, 2008

A week

It's been a week I've been home. Good news is I've gotten stuff done. I emailed in my Quickbooks files and mailed in the paperwork so I can get my taxes done to get my refunds. I got my hair trimmed this morning, bangs whacked and the back cleaned up. I have a client in Owatonna (ironic, don't ya think?) tomorrow morning.

I even got some better news. The medical manufacturing company wants to see me for an interview next Tuesday at 1. Sweet.

Had to laugh at my chiropractor. Dr. R said my body today is the loosest, most in tune he's seen it in the time I've been seeing him. When he told him the circumstances as to why, he replied that the Universe is opening up something new for me and to go with it.
We discussed "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life" while I had hot packs on my back. He recommended Emmon's "Chemistry of Joy" and Thomas Moore's Soul books.

Here's the thing that struck me this morning as I meditated. Amen is very much a Western medicine MD, he's mentioned spirituality in the book once so far. He doesn't seem to know about energy work and the profound effect energy and resonance can have on the body. I wondered how much I could shift my own brain with repeated doses of energy. All I can do is try and see what happens.

What most of you don't know is that I've been down the medication road before. As I was going to sleep last night, I flirted with the idea of going back on Wellbutrin. I was on Wellbutrin for 4 1/2 years after my second suicide attempt 10 years ago. August 4 was the 10th anniversary of that second attempt.

Here's the thing - the great majority of people I worked with and my family had no clue I'd even attempted. No matter how tired, how depressed I was, I was still at work on time, I worked my butt off between both full time jobs. They were clueless. I didn't tell my mother about it until two years later. I told my oldest brother, because he's a neurologist and I wanted his opinion on the medication front.

Now that I know what parts of my brain are physically having issues, I'd like to think they can be influenced by energy work. I've watched energy work straighten broken noses, shift and release deep, old emotional wounds, I've watched as scoliosis has unwound itself. I've worked on my own wounds of abandonment and other issues.
With this book, I understand the physical defect that is causing my brain to function at less than it's full capacity, which is holding me back from functioning at my full capacity. I know energy work can fix things on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels.

There's no reason energy work can't fix this as well. If not the techniques I already know, I've got two classes coming up in October that will take me to the next level. More tools in my toolbox.

I told Dr. R that I've heard a couple times I should develop my own form of energy work. Maybe it's not about my personal brand/form of energy work, but that I learn as much as I can about other people's forms so I can really tailor my client sessions. The more I can be specific with what they need, the faster my clients can heal.

The people that are getting my platelets, they are getting the best available. Now I just need a nap to catch up.

No comments: