Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Things to make decisions on. One decision will decide if I go back to work - that one is out of my hands. Another decision will help me help myself.

Huh?

Had my interview with the medical manufacturing company today. They need someone to support a combined group of 12 with admin work. Turns out the department manager went to the same college I did for a year, so we chatted about that. I believe the interview went well. They told me they would be making a decision this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow. It for sure would be for a month, possibly two, and could go permanent. I can deal with that.

It's 18.5 miles away. What is it with me needing to be that far from work? Gah. What I will do is start applying for full time perm jobs on the company's web site for something a bit closer to home.

Other decisions I made for myself today. Been re-reading Change Your Brain and looking at their recommendations for supplements. I have decided to add 1 g of tyrosine, 1 g of l-tryptophan, pycnogenol, and ginko biloba to my supplement regimen. I believe these will help my brain heal itself from what has happened in the past. See what happens between now and the end of the year with the supplements. If things are the same, I'll see where I'm at and potentially go see someone about getting on some drugs.

I'd rather manage this on my own, instead of getting the health insurance company involved. That gets you labeled, and I've already got depression on my record. Don't need potential ADD/brain injury as well.

While I was out, grabbed the latest edition of TC Naturally. One of the articles/advertisements was for a hypnotist working with kids who have ADD. I'm tempted to call her and see if she works with adults.

Not much else doing. Going to have lunch with a former co-worker tomorrow, make sure we stay connected. Give A a call to see if J is still in the hospital or if they got enough of the infection out so he could go home. If he's still in, take a ride down to see and work on him.

No comments: