Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not one, but another

So, I didn't get the job I interviewed for on Tuesday. Bummer.

However, I did pick up a job at the same company's location starting next week until September 12. An admin is going to have surgery, so she'll train me in next week, then be out for two weeks. The directors she works for will also be out for a week, so there will be some flex time.

Cool. That will allow me to pay the mortgage and association dues for September. Whew.
---

Meanwhile, I continue cleaning and working on my three page to-do list. Knowing that I'm back to work next week means I need to boogie on getting the living room presentable, in case Jones clan needs a place to stay when they come down for the Star Wars exhibit and State Fair appearances.
---

As for my head stuff, so far so good. I've re-arranged a playlist on my iPod to include the Mozart I already have along with some music from Centerpoint Research to be a 'brain change' playlist. Then I can put the playlist on repeat and listen all day. If I get sick of it, I've got my other new age/classical stuff I can listen to that also helps me stay focused.

I started the l-tryptophan and l-tyrosine late Tuesday. My guess is they will take a while to kick in as my body gets used to having more of these amino acids in my body. That's OK.

An interesting side note. As I was reading through a couple nutritional guides I have, one side effect of increased tryptophan and tyrosine is a decreased appetite and weight loss. I'll take that as a good thing. Makes sense though, as the brain gets the nutrition it needs, all parts of the brain and body work better. I don't need to eat more to provide that nutrition.

Also checked out Vitacost.com. My nutritionist recommended it as a cost-effective way to get quality supplements. I spent some time yesterday looking through the site, and they are 40-75% cheaper than other supplements I've been taking. I will be making an order through them when what I've got on hand runs out. Add a flat $4.99 shipping fee, seals the deal.

So, back to my three page to-do list. Prioritize that, kick things into gear. More later if an interesting topic pops up.

No comments: