Friday, August 8, 2008

Things that make my heart sing

What makes my heart sing, my feet want to dance, give me joy?

One of those things is teaching Quantum Touch. Quantum touch is a form of energy work that directs energy from the zero point field into the human body's bio-electrical field. I've watched this form of energy work straighten a nose that broken, help straighten spines disfigured by scoliosis, heal old emotional wounds. I love watching people unwind the things that have been causing them pain.

I love even more watching their faces when they realize they can learn how to do the same thing. The light in their eyes when they see someone else's pain melt away because of what they have learned to do.

I get great joy in helping people heal themselves body, mind and spirit. If that sounds like a business tag line, that's because it is.

When you combine QT and other things I've got in my tool box, like massage therapy and Therapeutic Coaching, possibilities expand.

We live in such a narrow world, narrowed by our language choices. I recently finished up a class on the Structure of Personality. In it we talked about how stress is actually a verb, yet as a culture we use it as a noun. Can you put stress in a bucket? No, because it's not a thing.

Stress in many ways is caused by the limited word choices we use to describe our feelings. We have a wide spectrum of descriptive feeling words, gradiations, yet we seem to jump straight to anger, joy, hate, love.
What about being pissed, miffed, irritated, irate, boiling mad? How about happy, glad, joy-full? Despise, sorrow, lost, confused? Content, peace-full, loving? These are just a small sampling that any dictionary has. Go explore and find your own new range of feeling definitions.

Oh, and another hint? Change your word choice. Instead of labeling the situation you are in as being stress-full, label it as a challenge. Notice how that one word change feels different in your body, in your mind.

Perhaps, you may want to consider, that if I can view losing my job as a gift, you can easily change stress to a challenge.

No comments: