Monday, August 25, 2008

Days...

There are some days that drive you batty, others are OK. Today is one of those batty days.

I've had some issues with my color laser printer here at home on and off over the last year. I got a couple documents to print last week just fine, now today it's not behaving. I've taken the toner cartridges out, can't get the magenta back in because the slots aren't lining up to put it back in. Even when it is in, the printer is giving me error messages.

I've had the printer since 2003 when I started my businesses. I've printed thousands of sheets, replaced the cartridges and the imaging drum many times. It could be the thing is just done, time to get a new one. The timing absolutely sucks.

The good news is, I start the new temp job tomorrow, so if all else fails, I'll put the document on a jump drive and print it at work.

Didn't get much done this weekend, cause I discovered Fanfiction.net. Not a good place for me to know about. It's got fan fiction from all my favorite TV shows, movies and books.

What does that list include? TV shows: Eureka, Moonlight, Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, La Femme Nikita, NCIS, CIS & CIS: NY, and Numbers. Battlestar Galactica, so-so. Doctor Who I'll watch if nothing else is on. Airwolf - Jan Michael Vincent was eye candy. Forever Knight.
Movies/books: Harry Potter, the entire Star Wars saga, the Star Trek saga (I'm still XO for a fan club called Trekadence), Mercedes Lackey, Ann McCaffery, Dune series, Melanie Rawn.

Yes, lots of sci-fi/fantasy. Been into that since I gave up the Hardy Boys (yes, Shawn Cassidy was hot in that day, even bought the album). I needed something to escape the hellhole I was living in and sci-fi took me places. In some ways it gave me something to live for, something to believe in.

I can sit for hours reading, which is what I did this weekend. Read through a lot of Eureka fan fic, then got onto SG1.

Today I'm trying to get stuff done. I was working with the printer so I could print off a fax cover sheet to send in to the mortgage company for a hardship negotiation. The paperwork is filled out, supposed I'll have to hand write something out.

I hate dealing with mundane paperwork. I understand why I don't like doing it, sometimes you just gotta slog through it and get it done.

New stuff tomorrow. New temp job, new people, new location. Lots of details to pay attention to. That I will have no problem focusing on.
Busy week, too. Wednesday night I'm going with Jones clan to the Star Wars exhibit. Thursday night I'm going to the State Fair to watch G and Thing 3 sing. I may splurge this weekend and go to Ren Fest. See where I'm at.

No comments: