Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another day

It's Tuesday, right? I lose track of days sometimes, and this is one of those days.

Continued sorting the mail, finding my business bank statements so I can get the taxes done. While I was doing that I set up a platelet donation appointment for Friday.

Platelet donation? Why not whole blood? Two reasons. 1. The Red Cross already has enough donors of my blood type out there. 2. My platelet count, compared to the average human, is very high. How high? The average human has 100-150k of platelets per cubic centimeter. My platelet count is 400k+, which means I can give a triple dose of platelets in 61-75 minutes.

I also called my temp agency. There are a couple jobs at the large medical device company I worked at previously, one that would be right up my alley. Have to do a drug test and background check, so those are in the works. I would like to get back in there, so we'll see how the interview goes, when it gets scheduled.

Other things I've gotten done include:
-doing my drug test so I can do temp work in a large medical company
-stopped at my former temp agency and got a confirmation of how many hours I put in with them so I can get better benefits with my current temp agency
-continued to sort through to do my taxes
-stopped at JC Penney to pick up the fall catalog
-listened to my feng shui call
-got my printer to work
-found some light blocking shades for my bedroom

No comments: