Saturday, August 16, 2008

QT day

This is the second Saturday in three weeks that I've taken a long ride on Chael. This trip was about 160 miles, down to Owatonna and back to meet with a client.

Since I'm listed on the QT instructor web site, I occasionally get calls and emails from people needing help. This one was a college student who had the QT book, wasn't sure if he was running the energy right. I helped him get the feeling going, so he knows what it feels like. Talked about scoliosis, because he's got it, not bad, but enough that they almost did surgery. He's also got depression and anxiety going on, which explains more than a few things.

We worked together for over an hour, answered his questions, balanced his hips and occiput so he could get a feeling for what QT feels like. He'll email me if he has more questions or gets a group together to do a class.
---

This has been a QT day. Before I left this morning, I got an email from A stating that J was in the hospital. I stopped on my way home to see him. When I got there he was sound asleep, snoring away. I did some work on him, then came home.

Now I'm just waiting for A to call so I can get the full scoop of what's going on.
---

I really, really need to get a back rest for Chael. This trip was easier than the last, in part because I knew what to expect. I stopped half way down, took a short break. Got off, walked around, had some snacks and water, hit the road again. Got there in plenty of time.

Still, a back rest would make that long of a ride much easier on my body. Something else that would help is a cruise control. That would give my right hand a break so it wouldn't go numb.

One thing at a time. The cruise control is $200, the back rest $350 or so.
---

Had an aha while I was talking to my client. While reading Change Your Brain, it asks if you've had any brain injuries. I couldn't place anything obvious until I told him about my fall in March 2006, when my foot got hooked in the gas hose and hit my head in 2 places on the concrete. There's where the latest injury occurred, on the right temple and over my right eye.

Another time I fell was when I was little. I went head over heels down the stairs into the basement. Mom threw a batch of laundry at the landing so I wouldn't crack my head on the concrete. Who knows how many times my head bounced off the stairs on the way down?

Time to do some energy work back to when that accident happened. See what I can help heal then that will make a difference now.

No comments: