Saturday, January 17, 2009

Three day weekend

Yes, I have a three day weekend, due to the company I'm temping at being closed for MLK day.

So what to do? Well, the usual weekend stuff of wash dishes and clothes, haul garbage and recycling, get groceries, cook for next week. I need to start a tax document envelope that's got a sticker on it for my accountant, so as things like W-2's and the like come in, they automatically go in that envelope.

Cleaning the kitchen would be a good idea. Clean out the cabinets that have all my plastic containers for lunches and stuff. Determine what I need to keep, what can be recycled and find a place to recycle that stuff.

It also gives me more time with Raini. She didn't meet me at the door last night, cause I didn't get home until after 8. I went to see Dr. M, then got a massage after that. I found her in my office with her tail stuck straight out. I also found several red spots on the carpet, like she'd been trying to pee and it was more blood than urine.

What to do? Do I ease her passing with energy work as much as I can, or do I spend the money I really don't have to take her in and put her to sleep, then spend more bucks to get her cremated? That would wipe out the gains I made with the insurance check I just got. Wait and let the decision be made for me.

Taez goes in Monday to be fixed. I will drag a mechanic out with me for a test ride so they can hear and feel what happens when he hits 40 mph and up and how bad he shakes. That wasn't there before the accident, so insurance better cover it.

At least it's back above zero. My unit has warmed up again to comfortable levels. Maybe I'll try to bleed the system, see if that's the issue.

Back to the nut house.

No comments: