Monday, January 26, 2009

aargh

As opposed to AARGH, which would indicate a major pain in the backside, this is a minor pain. Or two.

I've got Comcast for my cable. Lately the picture has gotten more and more pixelated, with bigger and bigger blocks and even the sound being delayed. Got irritating enough last night that I called about it. The rep ran the box through several routines she could do from the office, no joy. OK fine, I'll haul the box and remote in.

Tried to leave early enough to get to the retail outlet, traffic was not cooperating. Hauled the box in, hooked it up. The picture and sound were fine, now, but I couldn't get all my channels. So I called and waited, and waited. Finally got someone to get me back my channels.

Good news it, after the box sat in my truck in subzero weather most of the day, the picture is fine and the sound is behaving. Go figure.

I'm still recovering from the weekend. Donated platelets on Saturday, slept through most of the evening, went to bed and still slept until 6 am. Sunday made yogurt, washed clothes and dishes, not much else doing.

That was in part because Dr. M worked me over Friday night. He was in a strange mood - happy, smiling, cracking jokes. I asked the receptionist who put a quarter in him, because in the 5-6 years I've been seeing him, I don't remember him being like that. I hurt when I went in, and I didn't feel much better coming out.

Work. Oy. Trying to do the global thing can be interesting. We catch Europe at the end of their day at the beginning of ours. We catch Australia and International East at the end of our day, beginning of theirs. We've at least connected with them, we're working through the communications issues, what to say to whom when, and going from there.

Europe is a bright royal pain to work with. All their communication has to be funneled through one person, they have a completely different way of doing things. Hello, one company here, just because you're on a different continent doesn't mean you get to do things differently.

International East is easy to deal with. They believe if the install is illegal, take it off and let them bitch or pay up. Gotta love the Aussie point of view.

I just want to get this show on the road. I expect the RS email box will be loaded over the weekend, as the first communication will go out Friday. See what happens.

As for the felines... Raini has really slowed down on her eating. I suspect we're getting close. Shadow has become a klingon, wanting to curl up in my lap whenever she can.

For a while last night, we had peaceful co-existance. Both cats were on my lap sleeping. That hasn't happened in a long time. Don't know when, or if, it will again.

I'm tired enough to go to bed now. Wait until the mattress pad kicks on, heats up the bed a bit, then go crawl in.

Even being overly warm this morning, my basal temp was 97.2. I've ranged between 95.7 to 97.5 when I wake up. Time will tell.

No comments: