Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy day

So, I waited until today to get stuff done. Get stuff done I did.

Had the laundry in the washer by 7:30, fed myself, pulled stuff together for my road trip today. Took a shower, got the mail, got the tax document envelope going, along with an envelope for the cash rent contract for my renter. Folded clothes, hit the road. Dropped Taez off at the repair place picked up my rental.

What did they give me? A f@#$%!! Ford Flex. Those that know me well know my deep dislike, bordering on outright hatred of the Ford family of vehicles. Made the mistake of owning one once, never again. I can deal with Dodges, I prefer GM's stable any day.
No, I am not impressed with the Flex. It reminds me of several other vehicles of this shape that just strike me as automotively wrong. It sit low enough that I had to wash the windshield at least a dozen times in the 60 some miles I put on it today. Add to that bad wiper blades, and I can not wait to get my Taez back.

As it was, the shop called me a little after 4 and asked me to come take a look at things. They were able to pop out the dent no problem. However, there is a lot of rust at the bottom of the door. All four doors are pretty bad. I'm not surprised, given he's 11 years old, been driven in MN all his life. Unless you keep on it, take care of it as soon as you see it, it's gonna spread like cancer in someone who's scared to death of cancer.

The shop will fix the door as best they can and let it go at that. With a little luck I might have him back Wednesday night, Thursday at the latest. YEAH!

Where was I? After I picked up the P.O.S.F. I headed for Whole Foods. Two cases of chicken cat food for Raini, raw honey and some other goodies for me, a new book, $130 later I was out the door. While in the area I went to First Tech to see if there was any salvaging of my laptop. No joy, the video board is part of the motherboard, and they can't find them for sale anymore. Crap.

Stopped and paid a bill, hit Office Depot for a business tablet to track things in, Half Price Books for some copywriting books in their non-existant business section. Poo. PetSmart for cat litter and home.

My idea for soup turned out really good. An entire loaf of Velveeta cheese went into it's making, along with veggies and 2 pounds of diced ham. There's actual flavor to this soup, and enough for two weeks of meals. I will be making this again.

Now I need to set the DVR to record all of tomorrow's events. I can watch the actual inauguration from my desk at work, but I'll miss the rest of it. If I have it recorded, I can watch it later and burn it to DVD.

No comments: