Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrr take 2

It's supposed to hit zero sometime tomorrow, and I will be very grateful when it does. I'm tired of being cold both at work and at home.

Yes, it's in the 50's in here again. I don't understand what's going on, why it's so bloomin' cold in here. The rest of the building is warm. Pulled out the space heater and put that in the bathroom so I could take a shower in relative warmth tonight. It could possibly hit -30 in the suburbs tonight, so I'm tempted to run the space heater all night, just to keep some warmth in here.
---
Did get some good news today. I told you last week about the Gruve from Muve Inc, and how the company is doing a 50 person pilot study. I got into the pilot study!
We do baseline screenings next week, get the Gruves in February after they are programmed, and go from there.

This will be interesting to see how much of a motivation it is for me. I'm already trying to incorporate some of their ideas about moving more in the day. I need to put back on my calendar going for a walk at 10 and 3. I may not get outside, but I can take a lap or two around the outside perimeter of my floor. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the building I'm in now is bigger than the building and parking lot at my previous job. The desk height can be raised so you can stand up and work, which I might start doing for a half hour or so a day, maybe work up to more than that, or however much my back can take.
---
Things are about to get interesting at work. Got the mailbox set up for me, so people can reply to the box. I'll send from my personal email, they won't have a choice but to reply to the licensing admin box, keeping my personal box clean.

Got the Europeans involved today. Good thing we did, because they objected to the global communication that was supposed to go out, because some of it doesn't apply to them. So we need to get Asia Pacific involved as well. My boss was going to call them tonight to give them a heads up.

Finally got a full inventory list I can work with. Took me most of the day to clean it up, sort it out, add some columns so everything can be documented. Sent a copy off to Europe so they can plug in cost centers and get things lined up that way.

I mentioned to my boss after the Europe meeting this morning that she may have to extend my contract. She replied, I think your right, is that OK with you. Perfectly fine with me, I'll keep working on this until they either make it a permanent position or find a place to put it within the organization.
---
Taez goes in Monday to get fixed. The company is closed for MLK day, so I've got a 3 day weekend. Get started on my taxes, do some more cleaning, work on my copywriting and graphic design classes.

No comments: