Thursday, January 8, 2009

Confounded, rotten...

I didn't sleep well last night. Had a few thoughts stuck in my head so I couldn't get to sleep, then I kept waking up. Then Raini threw up on the bed at 1:30. Then I was back to tossing and turning until 4:30 this morning when I got up to meditate.

On the way in to work, actually about ready to pull into the parking garage, Taez and I get hit. The 2 lane road leading to the parking garage splits into a roundabout, where the left lane where I was can either go through the roundabout or continue right and head into the garage. I continued to go right, and the car to our right drifted into us and hit Taez in the front passenger door. We pull into the garage to get out of traffic. I get out to see how badly Taez is dinged up - nice big dent in the passenger door. Didn't check the window to see if it still works. The door hinges squeak, which they didn't do the last time I opened the door. Went to look at her vehicle. Her driver's side front quarter panel is scratched and torn.

So, after looking at things, we went to park and found each other inside to exchange information. It was her second day in the day care center, and you know I've been there on and off for months. The day care desk was kind enough to make copies of drivers license and insurance for both of us, and I went on my merry way up to 6th floor in the south building.

Soon as I get to my desk I noticed my neck and shoulder were starting to go into guarding, trying to keep things stable. So first I call the insurance company to start the claim, go back and forth with them. Emailed my temp agency to let them know I'd be short hours this week. Call my chiropractor to see when I can get in, be there at 11:30. On my way out the door, talked to the gals at the employee entrance desk, I need to file a report with company security and the Mounds View PD, do that when I come back.

Drive almost 40 miles over to see Dr. M, as usual wait for him. Yes, my neck, shoulder and back muscles are injured, cause I was looking at the car when it hit. Jammed my wrists because I was hanging on to the steering wheel so tight.

Get back to work after 2, talk to security. File an accident report with the PD, they say, get us a copy. While I was out I had a voice mail from the temp company and the insurance company, call them back. Temp company gets back to me saying I should not have gone back to work until I get a note from Dr. M clearing me to work. Insurance company gets a recorded statement about the accident, makes arrangements to get Taez fixed.

To say this day has been a major clusterF@#$ is an understatement. I have to wonder, on one hand, what caused me to attract this into my life. On the other hand, accidents are just that, accidents, a part of the whole life experience I purposefully came back to have.

I went through something similar after I had an accident five years ago on January 26th, right before my graduation from the Meta Institute where I got my therapeutic coaching certificate. That's when I got Taez, because I pretty throughly trashed my K5 Blazer running into a bridge after hitting a patch of ice. No ice this time, just someone not paying attention or thinking I was going to go through the roundabout.

It was one of those, you both see it as it's happening and get an overhead view of it at the same time. The overhead view was superimposed over the rest, like I was flying about 20 feet above.

So... Taez is driveable. I did notice a vibration that wasn't there this morning when I went to see Dr. M and on the way home. I'll have the body shop look everything over when I take him in tomorrow night. See about arranging for a rental while he gets fixed.

Right side, male issues. My power got dinged, dented. It's fixable, but what hidden damage exists that needs to be exposed?

Wonder how much this had to do with me letting go of the family curse? My dad's side has, shall we say, issues that go way back. Seems to be a bit of an issue with the women of every other generation even being in relationships, let alone getting married. My dad's sister's were all married, but their aunt, to my awareness, didn't leave the family. I have suspicions of incest, but no proof and have no need to go digging, either.

However, both the one female cousin born into the family and I haven't had a relationship in years. For me, February 21 will mark 21 years without any intimate male companionship in my life. The closest I got was when I had my last accident, I was in a friendship that was budding into a possible romance, only to have it shot down because of extenuating circumstances.

Time will tell.

Now, I need to get some supper. I missed lunch being at Dr. M's, so I'm hungry. Updates tomorrow.

No comments: